Exploring the science and strategies of epidemic outbreak control
Even after the remarkable technological breakthroughs of recent decades, infectious disease threats have significantly accelerated.
ecoPreserve President Alexa Stone recently completed online study of strategies for preventing and controlling epidemics. The lectures and panel discussions that she viewed considered science-based strategies for epidemic prevention and control. These focused on actions taken by public health agencies and the outcomes they achieved. Presentations brought timely and well-reasoned clarity to several topics:
- Ecology, Evolution and Emergence of Infectious Diseases
- Next-Generation Informatics for Global Health
- Medical Detective: Bug Hunting in Epidemics
- Epidemics: Past, Present and Future
- The Ebola and Zika Outbreak